If you would like to use my drawings for some reason or another, please contact me before using them. To contact me, just comment on the drawing you'd like to use, and I'll see it right away.


Thanks - God Bless!



Monday, August 12, 2013

Senator Padmè - The Face of Peace


It's been a year since I last did a Padmè drawing, and with an art show coming up I thought it's high time I did another.
I went and searched Padmè photos, and ran across this one. The original photo was huge. Like, 1000 by 1200 pixels. Ok, so not so big, but large for Star Wars photos.
This is Padmè's Senate outfit, the one created for a scene that was deleted in the end. However, it was one of the best promo shots. Full of detail, contrast and is a good showcase of Padmè's strength in the Senate.

If you'd like to purchase a print of this drawing, you can do so here.

4 comments:

Regollin said...

The jewelry details are great! I really like the shading on the left side of the face as well. And here's a tip if you don't already know. Instead of sharpening the graphite drawing pencils you use for the rest of the drawing, grab a number 2 pencil. They sharpen much thinner, and are great for thin eyelashes and eyebrows. Though, I'm not sure if a number 2 HB pencil would be dark enough for this drawing, would it?

Leauphaun said...

Thank you =) She has some smooth skin, so I thank thee for thy kind compliment on the difficult part of her face.

That's acutally kind of what I do. It's a great tip, thanks! I usually use a mechanical pencil for detail work (at least for detail work that doesn't need to be black black). Yeah, most pencils aren't that great for detail work, but I actually use 6B pencils for that if I need it to be black (example: Padmè's eyelashes on her left eye)

Happy drawing!!

- Leauphaun

Gayana Aslanjan said...

just amazing!no words, but i wanted to ask you; what pencil did you use for the black background? it's like perfect black haha.

Leauphaun said...

@ Gayana - Thank you!! I use an 8B pencil for all the darkest parts of the drawing (background, irises, etc.)

- Leauphaun