If you would like to use my drawings for some reason or another, please contact me before using them. To contact me, just comment on the drawing you'd like to use, and I'll see it right away.


Thanks - God Bless!



Friday, July 19, 2013

Sting - Bilbo's Sword


Sting, the second sword in my collection of LOTR swords.
If you notice, this sword is actually different from the one that Frodo uses in Lord of the Rings. Bilbo's version vs Frodo's version.
There is no elvish script on the hilt, nor is there any script running down the swirl that runs down the blade. These things I didn't notice until I started drawing it. I will be doing two drawings of Sting, the other drawing Frodo's version
 
If you would like to purchase a print of this drawing, you can do so here.

2 comments:

Regollin said...

Ooo, I really like this one! Amazing contrast!
I noticed that Bilbo's had no elzish on it too. Dunno how. I guess that was just my nerd sence going off. ;P
What next? Glamdring? Orcrist? Narsil? Can't wait!

Leauphaun said...

Thanks, Regollin =)

Yeah, it's something that niggled me in the back of my mind, but until I actually LOOKED at it, that's when I noticed it. The sword is plain without it.
I have an idea that they'll make putting the elvish on it in movie 3 =D Or at least I'm hoping!

Actually, the next drawing is *--------. And that's the next drawing ;)

- Leauphaun