If you would like to use my drawings for some reason or another, please contact me before using them. To contact me, just comment on the drawing you'd like to use, and I'll see it right away.


Thanks - God Bless!



Monday, July 15, 2013

Herugrim - King Theoden's Sword (Hilt)

Herugrim, King Theoden's sword from the Lord of the Rings.

This is my frist drawing of my LOTR sword series. The hardest thing to draw in this type of drawing is most definitely getting things symmetrical. The second thing is the wood. Making the grain flow without drawing over the horse outline was hard. Keeping the grain of the wood straight but making it darker in places and lighter in others.

My favorite thing about Herugrim is the heart-shaped hilt. It's so different compared to most other swords. Weta did a fantastic job of making each sword unique but keeping it real.
If you would like to purchase a print of this drawing, you can do so here.

3 comments:

Regollin said...

Woah, great semetry! Glad to see you're drawing more!

Squeaks said...

Love it! Particularly the wood part :D Great job!!

Leauphaun said...

@ Regollin - Thanks!! It was hard to keep things equal, but it was good training for the rest of the swords I'm doing :)
It's good to be drawing more :) That trip I went on really took away from my time that I would usually spend drawing or painting.

@ Squeaks - Thanks!! I absoutely love doing these swords! Imitating different textures is so different for me :)

Thanks!! - Leauphaun