If you would like to use my drawings for some reason or another, please contact me before using them. To contact me, just comment on the drawing you'd like to use, and I'll see it right away.


Thanks - God Bless!



Friday, December 21, 2012

Evenstar Necklace 2012


In honor of The Hobbit releasing, I did another drawing of the Evenstar. No, this isn't another drawing of Gandalf (though one IS going to be coming), or Kili or Fili, nor Dwalin or Balin, or Ori, Nori or Dori. Not Biffer, not Boffor, nor Olin, Gloin or Bomber or the leader Thorin. Just the Evenstar.

This is the longest, most drawn out (pardon the pun), most time consuming drawing I've done. It took 5 days, about 13-15 hours, and a whole lot of patience!

I'd drawn the Evenstar back in 2008, and in 2010. In keeping with the theme that I do a drawing of it every two years, I thought I'd keep with the tradition, and do one before the year is out. I also just got new paper, and wanted to try it out. I think both worked out well.

Definitely one of my favorite drawings to date! Even if it isn't a person.

If you would like to purchase a print of this drawing, you can do so here.

10 comments:

Kismint said...

Ladies and Gents, I believe I've found a new personal favorite drawing by Leauphaun the Great! =D

Wow.

Really wow.

Your Evenstar pictures in particular are favored upon by me myself and I, not only because their magnificence, but because it was one of your Evenstar profile-pic that enticed me to check out your blog(s).

Dear Leauphaun, you are an artist who really inspires me.
A lot.

Regollin said...

Wow...
This is great! The diamonds are awesome, and the metal looks fantastic!
Deffinitely worth the hours!

Nice drawing BTW :P

Aww... Thorin would be an awesome drawing! But I can see where you might not want too work hours on there ginormous beards and long messy hair :P

Oh man, the hobbit was awesome! I can't wait for the desolation of Smaug!!!!!!


Leauphaun said...

@ Kismint - Haha, aww, you're so sweet =D

I think my Evenstar necklace (2010) is my most viewed drawing of all time (it has around 6400 views on it's own!). And I think I found the person who has racked up those views ;) Haha, jk!!

Thank you!!

@ Regollin - I agree! Definitel1y worth the hours!! Haha, thanks!!

I will do drawings of the dwarves, but right now I'm currently to busy to draw (this past week has been my busiest of the entire year!), but I WILL do him! =)

It was SO EPIC!! Same here!! *squeals* and it's coming out next year!!!! I can't wait to own The Hobbit trilogy!!

- Leauphaun

Eagles Wings said...

This is fantastic.

Leauphaun said...

Thanks Eagles Wings!! It's my favorite Evenstar drawing to date =)

- Leauphaun

Regollin said...

Meh.
This one is good, but your first one is better...

Joking! :3

Hmuff said...

Just saying... this is one of the most amazing drawings I have ever seen.

Leauphaun said...

Why thank you Hmuff =D
Wow... ever? I'm honored!

Thanks for the comment!!

- Leauphaun

Creative Artist said...

I. LOVE. THIS.

Genius.

Amazing.

I think I have to agree with everyone else...this has to be one of my favorites of your drawings.

The dark background totally made it an eyepopper. As well as the reflection.

Again--I LOVE THIS!!! :D :D :D

Leauphaun said...

Haha, I thought you might lik it =D

Aw, thank you, Vren!! Yeah, the black background is what made this picture. I photoshoped the background white, and it just didn't have that "pizazz" =)

Haha, I'm glad you do!!

- Leauphaun