If you would like to use my drawings for some reason or another, please contact me before using them. To contact me, just comment on the drawing you'd like to use, and I'll see it right away.


Thanks - God Bless!



Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Quorra Upgraded - She's an ISO

Quorra upgraded.

So, some of you may have seen the post I did when I did the drawing of Quorra back in February of 2011. In it, I posted the drawing I did of Quorra that I did after seeing TRON: Legacy. And while I liked the drawing, I did it while I was filming it to create a speed drawing, so the shading was rough, the lines were jagged at best, and the shading was quite light.

So, one evening, I was bored, and I didn't want to draw something new. Now, I know I'm always the person who says "never go back to a drawing, and touch it up, or change stuff with it. Leave it, so that when you look back, you'll see how much you've improved." What do I do? I go and touch up this pixie ISO.
And I'm glad I did. Considering I did the drawing only a year and a half ago, my style hasn't changed all that much, just that my shading has improved enough for me to go and fill in the spots that I missed when I was doing the original drawing.

Because I wanted to put this up on FAA, I needed to change/upgrade the detail and shading. This is Quorra Upgraded.

If you would like to purchase a print of this drawing, you can do so here.

9 comments:

Asher Metcalfe said...

looks sick

Leauphaun said...

Haha, thanks Asher ;)

- Leauphaun

Lauricia said...

That's really good! I love the smokey look....Beautiful.

Leauphaun said...

Thanks Lauricia!! =D
I agree... I love the smokey makeup that the females in TRON have =)

- Leauphaun

Regollin said...

I really hope I can draw as good as you by the time I'm older... I gotta get practicing! I was looking at my Soul glow drawing the other day, and I realized there were a TON of mistakes! I'm slowly fixing it up, and I may post another picture of him soon.

Oh! And I'm going to life fest next year!!!!! :D :D :D
Life fest is a 4 day long concert where a bunch of christian artist sing nonstop. There will be Skillet, Toby mac, Disciple, We As Human, Newsboys, Switchfoot, and the one I really can't wait for, TFK!! :D I gotta get drawing soon...

God bless!

Squeaks said...

Both are amazing!! Quorra is definitely one of my favourite female action characters :P

Leauphaun said...

@ Squeaks - Thanks!! She's a strong character, and a good match for Sam ;) Definitely a kick-butt girl!

@ Regollin - Aww, that made my day! =') Haha, you're on the right track. Draw, draw, draw!That's a good think, believe it or not, seeing mistakes. Mistakes are only bad if you don't correct them =) I didn't learn to see my mistakes while I was drawing until a year ago. Before that, I was just drawing for the sake of drawing. Now I can spot mistakes almost as soon as I make them. So you're on the right track early on =D
And if you end up posting it, I'll definitely check it out!

AWESOME!!!! =D Wahoo!!!! That's so exciting!!!
SIK!! I'm getting really excited FOR you! Hahaha! I'd still begin to draw musicians now, because you can always touch them up as it nears the concert(s). All of those bands are awesome (live) though I've not seen TMac, WeAH or SF live yet... BUT the other ones, I can say from experience, are really good! =D

Have fun drawing!! And thanks for all your comments!!

- Leauphaun

Regollin said...

I fixed up that Soul Glow Activatur Drawing! It looks a ton better, and I just realized how bad the origional looks after looking at it again on flickr :/
Anyway, I would post the new pic on flickr, but It looks strange (in a bad way) on the scan :(

Have a good christmas break!

Leauphaun said...

Whohoo!! It's SO satisfying to touch up a drawing, isn't it?!! =)I know I always get super excited when I do!!

Aww, that's too bad that it doesn't show up correctly through the scanner... I'd love to see it anyways =D

You have a good Christmas break too!! Hope it's the best one you've had!!

- Leauphaun