If you would like to use my drawings for some reason or another, please contact me before using them. To contact me, just comment on the drawing you'd like to use, and I'll see it right away.


Thanks - God Bless!



Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Iron Man - Black Led Avenger

Named "Black Led Avenger" by a friend of mine (you know who you are, thank you)

My second Iron Man drawing that I've done so far, but this one took a loooooooot more time than the last one. The last drawing took me around 11 hours, which was one of the more lengthy drawings I'd done. Until now.
This drawing has taken me 3 days, working on the drawing for hours each day. Just to get that metal look. And as much as I said in my last post that I did "painstaking measures" to achieve that metal look...well this drawing I did that. only the painstaking measures were on steroids. Not only did I use the original 8B pencil for the dark parts, the 6B pencil for the medium parts, I was also using a mechanical pencil (yes, those are really handy tools! And I DO use them). The B pencils were used for the initial shade that was put down onto paper, then I used the mechanical pencil to go back and fill in those little white spots. Only this time, I did it more thoroughly than the last drawing.
And I also used darker contrasts with the graphite. In the other drawing, I didn't use that much of my 8B pencil, just keeping it to a 6 or 7B.

The reason I put more time into the drawing, other than the fact that I'm paying attention to little details, I'm entering this into a contest, and hopefully I'll win something with it!

If you would like to purchase a print of this drawing, you can do so here.

6 comments:

Emma-lee said...

Woah! This is a-m-a-z-i-n-g! Unbelievable. If you don't win that contest, I'll be VERY surprised. Good luck!

Leauphaun said...

Thank you so much, Emma-lee!! Haha, I hope they like it as much as you do =)

- Leauphaun

Lauricia said...

Oh my gooodness!!!!! seriously? This is sooo incredible Leaupaun! Like really. It looks just like a photgraph, and I'm also really impressed with how it really looks like light is coming from his eyes. Good job, girl!!! *stands up and starts clapping*

Without a doubt, you should totally win that contest.

Leauphaun said...

Thanks Lauricia!!! =D

Hahaha, *takes bow* Aww, it's comments like this that keep me going =) Thank you, thank you!!

Lauricia, you are so sweet!! I wish you were one of the judges now, hahaha ;D

- Leauphaun

Regollin said...

Wow.... This is incredible! The gears and machinery on the jaw is amazing, and I love how the contrast gives his eyes that 'glow' look...

Once again, incredible work!!!

Leauphaun said...

Thanks Regollin!! =D

Haha, apparently I got the lighting correct around the eyes =D Thanks!!

Keep up YOUR awesome work, too. You have a gift for the arts!!

- Leauphaun