If you would like to use my drawings for some reason or another, please contact me before using them. To contact me, just comment on the drawing you'd like to use, and I'll see it right away.


Thanks - God Bless!



Thursday, May 24, 2012

Iron Man - Half of the Man


I'm quite excited to show you guys this drawing, because it's taken me over 11 hours to do! Ok, so normally you'd do the outline then shade the drawing in, then smudge the pencil to fill in those little white dots that don't get the initial graphite. This drawing I went to painstaking measures to give it the appearance of metal. Well, as much that can be accomplished with graphite.
I did the usual shading, then went back over it with a darker pencil that was sharpened to a fine point and filled those little white dots in. Now can you see how it can take over 11 hours?? :)

Not only that, but it was a welcome change from hair.
I did the entire drawing that way, but it was worth it! I'm hopefully going to do more Iron Man drawings, as they are fun, and challenging, to do!

If you would like to purchase a print of this drawing, you can do so here.

4 comments:

Zethra said...

Nice! It really looks like metal.

Leauphaun said...

Thanks, Zethra!! :)

- Leauphaun

Regollin said...

This has to be one of your best drawings! :D

Leauphaun said...

Haha, that's probably because I spent over 11 hours on it... with taking a few breaks, of course. See, you could do something like this, you'd just have to take a few breaks ;)

Why thank you!!

- Leauphaun