If you would like to use my drawings for some reason or another, please contact me before using them. To contact me, just comment on the drawing you'd like to use, and I'll see it right away.


Thanks - God Bless!



Saturday, May 12, 2012

Chris Hemsworth as Thor

 Thor Finished

 Before                                                     Middle

Ok, so Eldra has been bugging me to draw Chris ever since we saw Thor (about 3 months ago). I really wanted to do it, but at the same time procrastinated with everything I had in me. About 3 weeks ago, I started it, filling in the left side of the page, and part of his beard, but didn't finish it until the 5th of May.

Considering The Avengers just came out, I felt that this was a perfect time to publish it.

But man! Is blond beards ever hard to draw!! I had sooo much trouble drawing in his beard, and I still don't like it a hundred percent, but it'll have to do. As for the entire drawing, I had to do three renditions of it before it looked like Thor. The before drawing was the first version. Good, but not Thor. I changed a few things, which ended up being the middle drawing. Changing a bunch of thing, I ended up with the final Thor which is the big drawing at the top.

(to view the drawings 1-2-3, right click on the pictures and open them in new tabs, then click between them)

If you would like to purchase a print of this drawing, you can do so here.

8 comments:

Kismint said...

GAHHH!! When I saw Thor on my blogger dashboard (ya'know, the follow-thingy-whatever-doodad) I was so excited!

You did an awesome job!! (Me loves it when you do movie characters....)

Leauphaun said...

Hahaha, I would've been the same way ;)

Thanks!! I'll have some more soon...

- Leauphaun

Anonymous said...

Just want to say, I love all your drawings and have used your website ever since starting to draw seriously a few months ago as inspiration. I also appreciate that you posted some of your older drawings from a few years ago to show how much practice can help! I hope I can draw like this one day! Thank you for sharing your art

Leauphaun said...

Why, thank you! :D

Haha, yeah, we all start somewhere. You've already taken a huge leap by starting, and another leap on wanting to improve!
Keep drawing, and you'll get better! Sometimes I'll improve on a drawing just leaving it alone for a few weeks. Then I'll go back and touch up something that I couldn't before (example: teeth. I COULDN'T do teeth!) Then one day I could.

Thank you for commenting! =D
I'm glad I could help in some small way.

GB!! - Leauphaun

Zethra said...

Hi again, this is the same person who just posted as anonymous. I have some of my drawings online at drawingbudgie.blogspot.com . If you have any comments or critique I'd really appreciate if you would post it there as I'm just trying to improve (especially on the most recent ones).

My drawings aren't great, but I think you'll like them (I like LOTR a lot too!)

Leauphaun said...

Hi Zethra :)

Cool!! I'll go check it out right now! Thanks for sharing.

Now, now, they are actually better than you think! I <3 LOTR!!!

- Leauphaun

Lauricia said...

This is soooo good. I saw Thor a little while ago, and remember the very scene this was taken from. This is very well done. It looks just like him!

Leauphaun said...

Haha, thanks Lauricia =)

I really needed to see this comment...thank you...

- Leauphaun