If you would like to use my drawings for some reason or another, please contact me before using them. To contact me, just comment on the drawing you'd like to use, and I'll see it right away.


Thanks - God Bless!



Sunday, April 15, 2012

Shadow in the Forest - The Hunger Games


Ok, first thing I want to say is that I know that this isn't the original Katniss. It is a fan made picture that someone did, and I used as reference. The hair was the biggest challenge, but it helped me work on the quality of how I do the hair.

But I did this picture for a friend of mine who wanted it drawn. Of course I didn't refuse at a challenge! Or request...
He ended up really enjoying it :) I asked him to name the drawing, and he came up with... Katniss. I urged him to name it something other than the character's real name, as this isn't the same girl. I suggested that he come up with a name that deals with one of her colors. Since she wears a lot of brown, he decided on naming the drawing "Shadow in the Forest". I agreed.
I think I ended up putting 8+ hours into this drawing, spread over two days.

But I'm happy my friend came to me with this request, because it sparked a 7+ drawing streak that I went on, and can't seem to stop. I love it!

Completed on April 6th.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job!! I love the way you did the hair. And the eyes are even better! :) Beau-utiful!

-Lauricia

Leauphaun said...

Thanks, Lauricia :)

Haha, the hair was soooo tedious :) I'm glad you like it!

- Leauphaun

Vrenith said...

I'm not a Hunger Games fan, but the drawing is great! I have to agree with everyone else, the hair is amazing...

I've always had trouble with making the background dark. I would use wax/tracing paper so it wouldn't smear, but its kinda hard to find here in Liberia. I wonder if kitchen wax paper would work? *plots*

Great work!

--Vrenith

Leauphaun said...

Hey Vren!!
I'm not a fan of the HG either... Thanks!! It took me a loooong time ;)

Haha, yeah, dark backgrounds are sooooooooooooooooo, and I mean SO hard to keep from smearing!!... I never though of using wax paper before... that's a GREAT idea!! O_o
O_O =D

Thank ye!! - Leauphaun

Vrenith said...

Everyone's been posting on their blogs and all over facebook about it...XD I don't have anything against it, just have never read or seen it. :P

Wax paper is awesome. XD I'll have to experiment with it today... O_o

--Vrenith