If you would like to use my drawings for some reason or another, please contact me before using them. To contact me, just comment on the drawing you'd like to use, and I'll see it right away.


Thanks - God Bless!



Thursday, April 19, 2012

Arwen Evenstar - Fight at the River

                                               Before                                                 After
Click on the left drawing than press on the right arrow key (on your keyboard) and flip back and forth between the drawings to see the difference.
My second LOTR drawing of 2012!

This was done in my 7+ drawing streak that happened this past week. As you can see, I did a before and after scans of the drawing. The one on the left is my initial sketch, while the other one is what I changed it to after seeing what was wrong with the drawing.
Arwen, in the before picture, looks really harsh, with her eyebrows, chin, lips and eyes being quite sharp. I had to soften out her features by adding more to her lips, eyebrows and enlarging her eyes and eye lashes. Her chin got taken up quite a bit as well as the edge of her collar.

If you would like to purchase a print of this drawing, you can do so here.

10 comments:

Nina said...

Wow that is simply amazing!! I thought the before was great, but the after was like Arwen/Liv Taylor was actually looking at me from the screen! :)

Leauphaun said...

Thanks, Nina!! =D

Haha, that's quite the compliment :)
With the first version of the drawing, my brother told me it looked like a troll... that was enough to make me change it! lol

- Leauphaun

Lauricia said...

Epic! I was just watching that part a few days ago. "If you want him, come and claim him." Great job! It looks so good!!

Leauphaun said...

Thanks, Lauricia :)

Lol, I think my brother was as well O_o :)

Thank ye - Leauphaun

Anonymous said...

Wow. This is funny to see because I was just watching the special features of the extended version of The Fellowship of the Ring. Amazing job there! I especially like how you changed her teeth in the second one. Less... pointy.

Leauphaun said...

Thank you!! :)

Yeah, her teeth were WAY to "pointy" ;) That was one of my major mistakes!

- Leauphaun

Vrenith said...

Ah, great work, Leauphaun! You captured her expression perfectly. :) Love it.

Yeah, the teeth were pointy, but I must say that in the second version they're done amazingly!

LOTR drawings are the best... ^_^ Especially dramatic LOTR drawings.

--Vrenith

Leauphaun said...

@ Vrenith

Hahaha, I knew you'd comment on Arwen ;D
Aww, thank yew for your kind words!! :')

Yeah, almost everything was off by some degree, but the teeth were one of the most prominent things.

Hehe, I'll try and do more LOTR drawings, but I can't promise anything ... ;)

- Leauphaun

Zethra said...

Is a Boromir drawing coming sometime soon??

Leauphaun said...

Haha, that's interesting, because that's the second (or third) time that someone has asked me if I'm going to do Boromir... I guess I'll have to do him! I don't know when I'll be able to do it, but I hopefully will do him soon.

- Leauphaun