If you would like to use my drawings for some reason or another, please contact me before using them. To contact me, just comment on the drawing you'd like to use, and I'll see it right away.


Thanks - God Bless!



Monday, April 9, 2012

Alex Burrows - Signed

Alex Burrows

Some time ago, Alex Burrows came to the Best Buy near me to do an autograph signing. But he ended up breaking his left hand the day before in an away game, and had to fly back to Vancouver to get his hand looked at. On the day he would've been signing.
I saw in the newspaper that he was doing a signing, and stayed up that night (until 2 in the morning) doing this drawing. That morning I woke up and found out that he wasn't going to show up. I didn't feel like I waisted my time doing that drawing, but was a little disappointed that I couldn't give him one of these two drawings.
About a month ago, my younger brother, Goose, saw that he was actually going to becoming back to do the signing, I gathered my two drawings that I wanted to show him.
Long story short, we ended up meeting him, and I presented him with two drawings, so that he could choose which one of the two he wanted to take home. With much surprise on his face, he choose "Anticipation", and signed the other one; my birthday drawing. For personal reasons, I blurred my name.

I aquired this drawing on March 11th.

Thank you, Alex Burrows!!!

3 comments:

Plink. said...

Neato. I love your people drawings...they help me figure out exactly where I need to do the shading and brights/darks ('tis often my struggle).

Great job! =)
Plink-a-Dink

Leauphaun said...

Thank you, Plink :)

If you struggle to do lights and darks, try converting your pictures to black and white. That is, if you are using digital pictures. Make sure not to save over the original file if you do decide to convert them! :)

Glad to be an encouragment =D

- Leauphaun

Plink. said...

Much gratitude I give in response! I have done likewise a few times--that is, experimenting with B&W--and 'tis very helpful. =)

I've been clicking the camera quite frequently over the past few days, and I'll have to remember to to a little B&W action with 'em if I want to try to doodle them onto my sketchbook.

Thanks for the pointers, for they are greatly appreaciated! =)

God Bless,
Ka-Plink