If you would like to use my drawings for some reason or another, please contact me before using them. To contact me, just comment on the drawing you'd like to use, and I'll see it right away.


Thanks - God Bless!



Sunday, January 1, 2012

Bono - U2


Happy New Year 2012!!

 
I think I should start this new year off on the right leg. So I decided to do a drawing of one of the worlds most famous singers... Bono from the band U2!!
I've been wanting to do Bono for a long time, but felt that I didn't have enough skill, patience or the right photo to do him until now. I have been listening to U2 the entire day it seems! That is what I try and do if I'm doing a person from a band. I try and listen to the music that the person has created and, usually, it comes out better. I will hopefully be doing the other band members one of these days :)
Usually I get lost while I'm drawing, and this time was like no other. I remember sketching and letting the pencil flow with the music. But that's about it.
In honor of it being New Years Day, and doing a post about U2, I though it would be fitting to post a video of U2's song... uh, "New Years Day"... But this is from their DVD that they shot at Chicago in 2005 (personally, I just like the vocals better in this version).



On another note, I wanted to thank eveyone who has come into contact with my blog. Thanks to you, I've reached 40,000 views!!! That is AMAZING!! Thank you all :)

I think that I need to say thanks to God for giving us another year, to let us glorify him, and advance His kingdom like no other year!! Like Bono says in this song, "I will begin again", and I will live this new year beginning again. Have a great year, taking it a day at a time, not staying in the past, but looking towards the future.
If you would like to purchase a print of this drawing, you can do so here.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, your high contrasts drawings are always really good, but the sunglasses in this one are crazy:D Good job!

Leauphaun said...

Thank you!! =D
I must agree with you that my high-contrast drawings turn out the best :)
Awww, thanks!! It means a lot to me!!

- Leauphaun

Regollin said...

Wow.. Amazing job with the glasses!
Sorry for all the comments.

Leauphaun said...

Thanks! Haha, no problem! I enjoy being spammed with good comments :) It means that I've impacted people with my artwork.

- Leauphaun

Lauricia said...

Oh my goodness!!!!! I'm sorry, but I simply CANT GET ENOUGH of this drawing!!!!! *Searches for the right words* Its spectacular. AH!

Leauphaun said...

Haha, no prob!! I love it when people comment on some of my older posts :)

Wow, that means a lot Lauricia :) Really, thank you, thank you!!

Do you like U2?? I wouve them so much!!

This piece actually got published in a book this past spring :) *squeals* So excited!!

- Leauphaun