If you would like to use my drawings for some reason or another, please contact me before using them. To contact me, just comment on the drawing you'd like to use, and I'll see it right away.


Thanks - God Bless!



Sunday, December 4, 2011

Alex Burrows - "Anticipation" The Second Time Over


For those of you who have been following my blog since 2009, will know that I drew Alex Burrows of the Vancouver Canucks for an art display that I was participating in. Well, something happened this past week. On November 24th, I saw in the newspaper that Alex Burrows was going to be appearing for an autographing session at a store that was opening up near us on the 27th. Me, being me, wanted to give him a drawing, and decided to do a new one. So on the 26th, I got out my paper, pencils and laptop and went through my Burrows pictures. The only good one I could find was the one I had already drawn. I looked at my old drawing and decided that it was worth it to redo the same picture. I did this picture, drawing from 8:40pm-2:30am to complete, and guess what? Burrows didn't appear at the opening of the store because he broke his left hand the day before in a (away) game and needed it to be taken care of :/
So I ended up not meeting him, but my time the night before was worth it.
To see the old drawing, and compare it, click here.

If you would like to purchase a print of this drawing, you can do so here.

12 comments:

Vrenith said...

Looks great, Leauphaun! But I'm sorry about him not going. :) I'm also sorry about him breaking his left hand... I hope he's right-handed. O_o

I love it! I think I've seen the older one... I didn't follow back in 2009, I don't think, but I have looked through most of these pages... *clicks on link*

--Vrenith

Leauphaun said...

=D Thanks Vrenith!! Me too :( But on the upside (and the answer to your question) is that he IS right=handed, which makes it better :)

That's ok. That's why I added a link ;)

- Leauphaun

Anonymous said...

cool, I like qualities of both drawings. Basically shading and lighting are different, both seem to be drawn in good quality:D Just diff is all. Depends on if you like high contrast pics or more toned down ones. When I draw, it's usualy not really high contrast because I'm too lazy to change pencils haha;) I do the same thing, when I meet people I draw them. Glad to hear I'm not the only one;D Sorry ya missed him though, that's too bad, of course it seems inevitable for sports players to go too long without some sort of injury. It just goes with the teritory I guess.

Artist432

Leauphaun said...

Thanks, Artist432!! :)
I used to not switch pencils, but I gradually changed that habbit, and now I can ONLY draw with my 'special' pencils. Sometimes, though, I do only use mechanical pencils, but it all depends on the drawing :)

You do too?! Haha, I thought I was the only one... =D

Yeah, your right on that. He just HAD to get injured (out of the entire year) on the day before. It's almost funny >_> ^_^

- Leauphaun

Creative Artist said...

Yeah... I have found that I can write pretty well with my left, actually. I even drew an acceptable horse. :) My teacher (who can both write and draw with each of her hands equally) said that since artists use the left side of their brain, a lot of the time they're left handed or ambidextrous. I'm getting better at it.

Artist432:
I have found that I don't need to change pencils to get contrast. My teacher, a professional artist, uses a 0.5 mechanical pencil and only 2B lead. It works amazingly, especially for small details, but it might take longer to fill in a large space. It has worked well for me, though--you just need to draw it accurately and know your values. :) You might know of my teacher--Lee Hammond? I had her book for five years before I moved to Kansas City, and I learned she lived fifteen minutes from my house. Unfortunately, now that I'm in Africa, I can't go see her anymore. :P

Word Verification: Cormiati. *sniffs the air* Smells like food... is it food? No, wait, that's the Indian guys' supper... *bites word* *spits it out and gags* That's definitely inedible. Wait... maybe the word means 'inedible'? Eureka!

Haven't done one of those in awhile...

--Vrenith

Foogos said...

Wow. This new one is awesome, and lgiht years better than the original, whihic I probably would have thought was good in its own right if I hadn't seen the new one for comparison's sake. Excellent work.

Leauphaun said...

@ Vrenith
Hahaha! I was, at first, wondering what the connection was between writing/drawing with left hands had to do 'with' art. Then I saw that I mentioned that Burrows had hurt his left hand, and everything fell into place! LOL!!
I CANNOT write or draw with my

@ Foogos
Thank you!! Haha, this is one of my favorite hockey drawings that I have done to date. I'm glad you like it!!

- Leauphaun

Vrenith said...

Haha. XD Yeah, I kinda rambled for a moment there...

Word Verification: pressess. The sssnake pressess itss prey. O_o

JesusIsMySavior said...

Love this!

Leauphaun said...

@ Vrenith - 'Tis not matter :) I enjoy it

@ JesusIsMySavior - Thank ye!!

- Leauphaun

Regollin said...

Wow... So much details! The first place my eye travels os the eye gaurd. Amazing work! :D

Leauphaun said...

=D I thank thee, Regollin!

Yeah, considering how much time it took, there ARE a lot of details.
Yeah, my eyes get drawn to the visor too :)

- Leauphaun