If you would like to use my drawings for some reason or another, please contact me before using them. To contact me, just comment on the drawing you'd like to use, and I'll see it right away.


Thanks - God Bless!



Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Commissions, Part 1

 Mountain Reflection
If you would like to purchase a print of this drawing, you can do so here.

 Mountains with Lake and Wood
If you would like to purchase a print of this drawing, you can do so here.

Niagara Falls and The Maid of the Mist
If you would like to purchase a print of this drawing, you can do so here.

I got commissioned by my pastor and his wife to do drawings for the 6 head members of Church of the Nations. I was given 6 pictures of Canadian places or things. I don't know what mountain the top drawing is, but it has a name. I just can't remember it. The same thing with the second drawing, but the third drawing is Niagara Falls.

I had never drawn landscapes before, so this was a new experience for me. It took me quite a while to get the hang of trees, but the ended up working out.

7 comments:

Creative Artist said...

Amazing! I'm not very good at landscapes... >_> They all look wonderful!!

Trees are one of my worst enemy... especially blurry ones. I was trying to do blurry trees in the background of one of my drawings, since I wanted focus on the horses and yet a background (the trees were blurry in the picture, too).

Good luck on your commissions!! :D

--Vrenith

Leauphaun said...

:) Thank you Vrenith!!!

I wasn't good at them either, but I've had practiced patience with my drawing time. Having a deadline also makes it go well, because you HAVE to get it done. Give it time, and you'll get it ;)

I still am not good at them, but they seemed to work out on this drawing.

Thank you!! And it did go well. The 6 couples LOVED them!! My pastor picked the perfect pictures for every one of them.

- Leauphaun

Vrenith said...

I love deadlines... because then, like you said, I HAVE to get it done! And 'tis lots of fun working so hard...

Haha, I KNOW they loved 'em! How couldn't they?

--Vrenith

Leauphaun said...

I love them, yet hate 'em. It IS fun to work at something until it is FINISHED! :)

=D That is very sweet of you to say, Vren!!

Haha, just today my pastor told me that on the way to the airport, one of the couples actually carried it with them through the entire 30 hr flight back to their home! That is how much they loved it :) It astonished me at how much they liked it!

- Leauphaun

Vrenith said...

Haha, I hate 'em a lot. But love them a lot. :)

'Tis true. :)

Doesn't astonish me. :) Your drawings are amazing.

Say, do you ever spray them with some sort of fixative?

--Vrenith

Leauphaun said...

:)

Awwww ;D

Nope. Nothing at all, though I probably should do the ones I give away. I don't because it can change the appearance of the picture (meaning I haven't even thought of doing that) Hehe :)
Not saying that you shouldn't.

- Leauphaun

Vrenith said...

Yeah, I have heard, from my teacher, that spraying it can make the pages yellow sooner. :P I have to spray 'em if I don't have a frame, or they get messed up. Sometimes it helps, though, and darkens the really dark spots for you without darkening the light spots as well. Strange how it looks... but, anyways, I don't usually spray the ones I frame immediately.

--Vrenith