If you would like to use my drawings for some reason or another, please contact me before using them. To contact me, just comment on the drawing you'd like to use, and I'll see it right away.


Thanks - God Bless!



Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Gandalf the Grey - Wise Wizard

naur an edraaith ammen
Gandalf is here

For those of you who read my post on my Thoughts blog, will know that Eldra, Goose and I met Squeaks, SOTK (Son of the King) and Torpedo last Saturday. All of us being LOTR junkies, I asked them what LOTR character they would want drawn out. Squeaks wanted Frodo (coming up next, btw), SOTK wanted Legolas and Torpedo wanted Gandalf.
I was expecting Legolas, but Frodo and Gandalf took me by surprise. I have already drawing Legolas and Frodo so I knew I wouldn't have any trouble with them, but it was Gandalf that had be a little bit worried. But I was excited to draw him. I had almost no motivation to draw him before but now I know he is an AWESOME character to draw. Minus the hair because - for me - hair is hard.

For the beard to look better, stand back around 6 ft and it will look way better.

So, Squeaks you can show this to Torpedo whenever you see him next. Let me know if it isn't what he wanted. I have an awesome picture of Frodo coming up!!

If you would like to purchase a print of this drawing, you can do so here.

6 comments:

Squeaks said...

WOW! That is amazing Leauphaun!! The detail is SO AWESOME!! You'd did an epic job :D :D :D I will notify Torpedo and relay feedback, unless he finds a way to comment on your blog :P

Leauphaun said...

=D Thank you Squeaks!!! He was SO MUCH fun to do.
Hehe, okey dokey. I hope he likes it. But if he doesn't I won't mind keeping the drawing ;) *guilty laugh*

- Leauphaun

Torpedo said...

*stares in awe* That's Gandalf alright! Looks AWESOME! love how you did the eyes and shading. :D *touches up screen* So much win! I think that is worth an internet high five! :P *highfive* Great Job!

-Turbo,Torpedo,UnhingedMind. (one of the three lol.)

Leauphaun said...

Hehehehe, thank you Torpedo!!!
I'm glad you like it :D *highfives back*
If SOTK goes to the concert on Sat, all three drawings will go with him to give to you guys (I still haven't completed Legolas).

=D Thanks again!!

- Leauphaun

Vrenith said...

Haha, Legolas? Yeah, I usually expect that to be people's favorite... I prefer Frodo. Frodo and Aragorn (he's pretty popular, too) Actually, Legolas is my least favorite of the Fellowship, methinks... >_> XD Surprise.

You captured the look in his eyes perfectly! I also really like how you made one side darker, in the shadows, and the other brighter. :D :D

I'm still working on that second picture of Jones... but its coming along. :) Though I don't know what this has to do with your post... *furrows brow*

--Vrenith

Leauphaun said...

Yup. SOTK (Squeaks' brother) requested Legolas, while Torpedo asked for Gandalf, while Squeaks herself asked for Frodo.

=D Thank you!!!!
Well that is how the picture was taken and it transfered onto paper wonderfully.

COOL!! I can't wait to see it!! And it has to do with my post because they are both drawings...

- Leaupahun