If you would like to use my drawings for some reason or another, please contact me before using them. To contact me, just comment on the drawing you'd like to use, and I'll see it right away.


Thanks - God Bless!



Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Black Speed

An Arabian running.
Lol
I guess I have something to complain about with every drawing...:/
This time I think I made the head and neck too big for the body. I don't know, maybe it's just me.
But this has to be one of the smoothest shading jobs I have done on a horse yet (for this sketch book, that is)

If you would like to purchase a print of this drawing, you can do so here.

6 comments:

Vrenith said...

Ah, it looks just fine!!

It's not delicate, but its definitely an Arabian, and strong, too. It's like the black stallion... Epic. (capitalized) Maybe ye should draw the black stallion. :)

The shading is really good, as well!! I am horrible when it comes to the 'gleaming' part of the coat. I REALLY need art lessons.

--Vrenith

Leauphaun said...

Hehe :) Thank ye :D :D :D

Yes, it is DEFINITELY not delicate!
Maybe I should.....:)

The shading took me about 5 years to perfect (not that it is perfected) so don't worry if you don't get it right :)

- Leauphaun

Vrenith said...

Thanks for the encouragement. I have this drawing book that I've had for five or six years, and I just figured out (from one of her other books) that the author, Lee Hammond, lives in Kansas. :O Sort of near me.

But it shall probably be too expensive, even if we find out how to get lessons from her or something like that.

Heh, she also has a Great Pyrenees Mix... (like Beatrice!)

--Vrenith

Leauphaun said...

Your welcome :)

Really?? That is so cool!! Try and hook up with her, even if the lessons are to expensive it is great to have connections.

Awwwwwwwww :D

- Leauphaun

Vrenith said...

Yep. :) Her books are great.

--Vrenith

Vrenith said...

Ok, so I just emailed her. Now I must wait for a reply. :)

--Vrenith