If you would like to use my drawings for some reason or another, please contact me before using them. To contact me, just comment on the drawing you'd like to use, and I'll see it right away.


Thanks - God Bless!



Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Before and After - A Five Year Difference


This is a collaboration of four different pictures. Two from this year, 2011 and two from 2006.
The two pieces are before I started taking art lessons and the two after are after I was done my 4 years of lessons.
No wonder my art teacher said that I used to draw cartoony horses. I TOTALLY see what she means now :) lol
But honestly, this is what art lessons can do to people. I know that many people can't afford art lessons, and I don't blame you. Most artists charge $50 an hour while my art teacher only charged $50 a month. But if you can find someone that can teach you it may change the way you draw forever.

9 comments:

Manny said...

Whoaa! That is a huge difference! Vrenith wants art lessons...but they are so expensive!

Leauphaun said...

:D
Thank you Manny!

Tell me about it. They can be SO expensive. I saw this on artist who was charging $600 for 6 days O_o crazy

If I lived near you guys I would teach Vrenith, but I live in Canada :)

- Leauphaun

Creative Artist said...

Yah... we're way down in the middle of the states... expensive lessons and no really-artistic friend to teach me. *sets chin in hands* Hm.

Haha, it really made a difference! I hope my teacher (if I can get one) will help me that much!! :D

Word Verification: Resso. I read a book with somebody named Ress-A in it, but not Ress-O. Hm.

Resso Gesso! XD

--Vrenith

Leauphaun said...

Yeah, finding someone that charges very little for what your getting out of it can be hard to find.

I know God had a hand in my finding an art teacher :)

Yes it does make a difference =D

- Leauphaun

Creative Artist said...

Heh... I should go up to a random person and collaborate with him/her to make ourselves better artists. That is, if that person is an artist. XD

:) Yes. I really wish I lived up there in Canada... been there, never lived there.

--Vrenith

Word Verification: Lingsred. Huh. Things red, maybe. Lingsred. OH! Yes, he's my un-related cousin.

Leauphaun said...

Lol, I would like to be there to see that :)

I wish you guys lived here in Canada too :)

ROFL! Unrelated cousin! That is funny!

- Leauphaun

Vrenith said...

XD Yeah.

'Twould be amazing.

XD Yeah. Totally un-related.

--Vrenith

Samantha Wolfe said...

Woah. Incredible difference! I was looking back at your drawings (I absolutely love art) and I have to say I am very impressed by the dramatic change. How old were you when you drew this? I've never actually taken lessons past finding random videos on the internet to help with technique, but I won't say I'm terrible. I really wish I had lessons though. It seems to make a great improvement. :-)

Leauphaun said...

Hehehe =D Thank you Samantha!!
I was 11 when I did the pieces on the left :)
The best thing to do with drawing, is to do it all the time. Seriously, it has taken me almost 6 years to get to where I am now.

It does make an improvement, but not everyone needs art lessons. My mom put me into art lessons because she really wanted me to try it (at the time I REALLY didn't want to take art classes).
I'd really like to see some of your work :)

Thanks for the comment :)

- Leauphaun