If you would like to use my drawings for some reason or another, please contact me before using them. To contact me, just comment on the drawing you'd like to use, and I'll see it right away.


Thanks - God Bless!



Sunday, March 6, 2011

Leaping Dragon

This drawing was inspired by the dragon, Gabby, from the Door Within series. She isn't necessarily Gabby but just a dragon.
There was one problem. I had no idea how to draw a dragon's body since they don't exist, thus making it hard to draw. So I went way out and tried to find any animal picture where the back and front legs both bend backwards at the knee/elbow. My solution? CATS! Cats have the same sort of body build as dragons, minus the horse-type head. And wings.
So I took a picture of a cheetah leaping and modified the shape to be more dragon-like. Filing in the dragon was the time consuming part but it was worth it.
Thank you, Vrenith for inspiring me to do a dragon!

6 comments:

Ryebrynn said...

Wow... *is dumbfounded* This... i...i...is AMAZING!!!! WHOO LEAUPHAUN!!! *does a dance* *jumps all over room* Leauphaun, your art is so encouraging! I love it! I wish I had your talent. But alas my talent lies in the writing of stories. I wish it was art as well. But still I respect the way God made me!

Signed with a wet pen
-Ryebrynn

Leauphaun said...

Thank you Ryebrynn!! :D
Talk about encouraging! This comment makes me want to go and do another 20 drawings just for the sheer pleasure of making other people joyful ;)

Yes isn't it wonderful how we can be gifted in different ways?? Sometimes I wish I could write like all you awesome people!(I mean just read some of my posts...not always correct way of writing)
But, I too, am happy with the way God made me

Definitely worth the two entire points! Thanks for following & entering

God Bless - Leauphaun

Creative Artist said...

Aw, thanks!! :D But you already had the creativity. :)
LOVE the dragon, and that was an awesome idea, using cats!
--Vrenith

Creative Artist said...

What I love about your drawings is how well you define them without making the lines too see-able. You are really great at shading, much better than I, and you did the scales really well on this dragon! :D I loved the wings, especially. And I can never make a rounded muzzle... they look terrible when I do.
And what I would like to see more of... DRAGONS! Because you do them really well. ;)

--Vrenith

Leauphaun said...

Thank you so much, Vrenith!!

Yes, making the lines not that 'see-able' definitely took some time to master, as well as shading.
Wings- I know, I love how the wings turned out, with them half way folded out. As for the rounded muzzle...it is just an altered horse muzzle, quite simple it just takes time to get it right :) you'll get it!
Glad you want me to do more dragons, because I LOVE to do them!

Thanks for entering, plus the juicy comment!

God Bless!! - Leauphaun

Creative Artist said...

Yes... I've tried using horse's heads. And I'll KEEP tryin! :D

yes, dragons are an awesome subject because you can make them look HOWEVER you want. :D
Your welcome, and the prize is awesome! Entering is fun, too... and it gives me something to blog about. :D
--Vrenith