If you would like to use my drawings for some reason or another, please contact me before using them. To contact me, just comment on the drawing you'd like to use, and I'll see it right away.


Thanks - God Bless!



Sunday, August 15, 2010

Frodo Baggins - Distrust in Motion

Digital Frodo
Original Drawing


My first Lord of the Rings drawing in YEARS!!!!

I was watching LOTR extended movie 'The Return of the King' when I stumbled across this picture and was immediately inspired to capture the intensity. The picture was in widescrean so that is why there is black strips across the top and bottom.
I left the skin really sketchy because his skin is dehydrated and rough with dirt

11 comments:

Archer said...

I love the way you captured frodo's eyes is amazing.
I realy like your drawings, you're very good.

Be Blessed:)

Archer said...

I have also become a follower!!

Leauphaun said...

Thanks Archer!
Kind words are the best inspiration!

And thanks for following!

Miss Pickwickian said...

This is very cool.

You should do one of Boromir. :-)

Leauphaun said...

Thank you!

Yes, I have been meaning to do other people from Lord of the Rings, but somehow I keep doing drawings of music artists or paintings of horses...:)
But I'll try to do Boromir soon!

Thanks and God Bless!

whisper said...

As others have said, please do more LOTR paintings/sketches! This one is eerie... in a good way. :)

Leauphaun said...

Haha, Thank you whisper!
Oh yes, I am going to do more LOTR drawings soon :)

God Bless!

Lauricia said...

This is amazing! Like Wow. You are so gifted. You captured the feeling so well through his eyes.

God bless you, and this wonderful gift He's given you!!

Lauricia

Leauphaun said...

Thank's, Lauricia!! =D

Eyes carry soooo much emotion, and they are my favorite part of the face to draw... glad you like it :)

Thank you ;)

GB!! - Leauphaun

Gabi said...

Hi. When is this scene in the movie?

Leauphaun said...

Hi Gabi. This scene is chapter 27 (I'm going from the extended movie index) "The Parting of Sam and Frodo".
It's the scene in Minas Morgul where Sam, Frodo and Gollum are climbing up the stairs to Shelob's lair, and Frodo decides he doesn't need Sam anymore, and he and Gollum enter Shelob's lair.

Hope that helped :)

- Leauphaun